Candy Cane White Chocolate Muddy Buddies
These candy cane white chocolate muddy buddies are the perfect minty holiday treat! They’re so easy to make, and so delicious!
Can you believe these candy cane white chocolate muddy buddies are the very first muddy buddies I’ve ever made? Don’t get me wrong, I like to eat them, but they’re just not something that has ever really been on my list to make. A few days ago my daughter Abby and I were at Joann Fabrics buying some fun things for Christmas gifts, and I saw the Wilton Candy Cane Burst Candy Melts and knew I had to make something fun with them. I had just bought a big box of Chex at Costco, so the muddy buddies were meant to be!
I’m not the biggest fan of candy canes (although I do love mint), so I purposely made them a little more subtle with the candy cane flavor. I worried after I made them that they were a little too subtle, but Geoff and Abby both said they were absolutely perfect. If you really want more candy cane flavor, I would suggest adding a little peppermint extract as well. We’re planning to give them out as neighbor gifts this year, packaged in cellophane bags with cute labels. Come back on Wednesday for some more delicious ideas for food gifts!
Candy Cane White Chocolate Muddy BuddiesPrint Recipe
- 9 cups Chex cereal I used a combo of rice and corn Chex
- 6 ounces candy cane candy melts
- 6 ounces plain candy melts I used pink because that’s what I had, but white or red would work great too
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 full size candy canes or the equivalent amount of mini candy canes
- 12 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses chopped into pieces
- Divide the Chex evenly into two large bowls. Place three of the candy canes in a plastic bag and break them into small pieces using a rolling pin. Divide them evenly between the bowls of Chex. In a food processor or blender, pulse the powdered sugar and two of the candy canes, until the candy canes are ground into fine pieces, and set aside. Melt the different colors of candy melts separately in the microwave at 50% power at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and melted. Pour into the bowls of cereal and toss to coat evenly. Toss with powdered sugar and chopped Hershey’s Kisses. Let cool and harden before eating.