Somehow my eight year old figured out that Tuesday is Taco Night (I’m blaming the Lego Movie for that) and has been insistent that we eat tacos every Tuesday for ages. Since Geoff and I both love tacos, it hasn’t been a problem, except that I’m getting a little bored with my go-to taco recipe. These chicken and veggie tacos were a fun and healthy change, and everyone in the family loved them! I don’t know that I have ever seen my four year old willingly eat zucchini before, so that was pretty amazing to me. I like the added crunch and texture from the vegetables, and love that my girls are eating some green veggies along with their beloved tacos. Feel free to add whatever toppings you like… salsa, sour cream, cheese, jalapeños, etc. would all be delicious!
Chicken and Veggie Tacos
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (rotisserie works great!)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- corn tortillas
- diced avocados and tomatoes, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper, zucchini, and garlic to the pan, and cook until crisp tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and mix to combine. Heat for another 3-5 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Serve on corn tortillas topped with avocado and tomato.