These guacamole and pepper jack breakfast bagels are ready in under 15 minutes and bursting with flavor. The perfect hearty breakfast for a busy day!
Lately I’ve been trying to only go to the grocery store once a week or less, and it has been a challenge. It definitely means a lot more creativity when it comes to meals! We eat toast or cereal for breakfast most days because it’s quick and easy. This week, however, we ran out of both! It was time to roll up my sleeves and actually make a hot breakfast, and thus these guacamole and pepper jack breakfast bagels were born. I found some old bagels in the bottom of the freezer, finally used up that avocado that has been sitting on the counter taunting me, and managed to pull together a tasty breakfast in less than fifteen minutes. Score! If you can’t handle spicy food (like my kids) then by all means swap the pepper jack for cheddar and leave out the sriracha. They’ll still be delicious!
Guacamole and Pepper Jack Breakfast BagelsPrint Recipe
- 2 large bagels sliced lengthwise
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons pico de gallo or fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese I used Tillamook brand
- Toast the bagels and spread with butter. Make the guacamole by mashing the avocado with a fork, the stirring in the pico de gallo, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the oil to the skillet. Whisk the eggs with the sriracha. Pour the eggs into the preheated skillet and cook, stirring gently with a spatula, until set. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. To assemble the sandwiches, on two of the bagel halves, layer egg, pepper jack, and guacamole, then top with the other bagel halves. Enjoy!