This one pot chicken florentine pasta is so quick and easy to make, and so delicious!
Today is national pasta day! Let’s take a moment and remember all of the things pasta has given us… thicker thighs, rounder tummies, non-bikini bodies, and many a delicious dinner! With the weather getting colder, it’s all I can do to not make a big pot of pasta every night. It’s hearty and filling, and the whole family loves it! This one pot chicken florentine pasta has so many things going for it: it’s savory and delicious, with chunks of juicy chicken and noodles cooked to tender perfection, and (best of all) there’s only one pot to clean! My husband and kids loved it (although my little Lizzy was adamant about picking out every last piece of “salad” out of it) and it was a great meal for a cold night. As I’ve said many times before, I really can’t bring myself to spend more than about 30 minutes cooking dinner, so this dish was perfect!
One Pot Chicken Florentine PastaPrint Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces linguine broken in half
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and chicken, and cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Add the olive oil, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes, and cook until fragrant. Add the flour and cook 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth and half and half, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Add the linguine and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until the linguine is tender. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan and baby spinach, until the spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese, if desired.
For more delicious pasta recipes, check out these posts from some of my favorite food bloggers!
The Perfect White Mac and Cheese from Ashlee Marie
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta from Creations by Kara
Simple Italian White Bean and Pasta Soup from Real Mom Kitchen
Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Shells from Like Mother Like Daughter
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Noodles from Life Made Simple
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta from Yummy Healthy Easy
Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna from Butter with a Side of Bread
Homemade Alfredo Sauce from Ashlee Marie
Chicken Pasta with Bacon from Creations by Kara
Brown Butter Alfredo Pasta from Real Mom Kitchen
Luscious Italian Lasagna from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups from Like Mother Like Daughter
Outrageous Macaroni and Cheese from Life Made Simple
One-Pot Lasagna Soup from Yummy Healthy Easy
Slow Cooker Mushroom Tortellini Soup from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Creamy Baked Tortellini from Butter with a Side of Bread
and check out these pasta favorites from The Baker Upstairs: