This Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup is incredibly flavorful, and has just a thirty minute cook time! A savory and delicious dinner that’s perfect for a busy night.
Okay, I have to ask: what temperature do you keep your thermostat at during the winter? This year, my husband is insisting that it stay at 67 at all times, and I feel like I spend the whole day freezing! You can find me wearing a jacket, long sleeved shirt, socks, and slippers at all times, and any time I’m sitting down, you can bet there’s a blanket over me. (Oh, and probably a cat on my lap, too.) Am I just a big wimp? Or is 67 degrees colder than any reasonable person should keep their home? I’d love to hear what you think. 🙂
One way I’ve been warming myself up (besides dragging out the exercise bike and doing a mile or two, until I have feeling in my fingers and toes again) is by making soup frequently. This chicken tortilla soup is so quick and easy to make, using the Instant Pot, and it is one of my favorite meals! It’s easy to make, super flavorful, and a favorite with the whole family. It’s quite healthy, too, especially if you leave out all the toppings (although where’s the fun in that?). My five year old helped me make some homemade flour tortillas to go with our soup, and it was the perfect cozy winter meal!
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts frozen works fine
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 cups chicken broth
- for topping: tortilla strips shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh lime juice
- Add the chicken breasts to the Instant Pot. Add the tomatoes, corn, green pepper, and onion. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder. Pour the chicken broth over the top. Secure the lid on the pot. Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for ten minutes, then use the manual release. Pull out the chicken breasts and shred using two forks, then return to the pot. Serve hot, topped with tortilla strips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.