These Red Lobster copycat cheddar bay biscuits are soft and fluffy on the inside, crisp on the outside, and so cheesy and delicious!
On Saturday, I shared my favorite new soup recipe, and today I’m sharing the amazing cheesy biscuits I made to go with it. If you’ve ever had the cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster, then you’ll know how delicious these are! They’re crisp on the outside, so soft and fluffy on the inside, and loaded with cheese and buttery garlic flavor. This particular recipe is my favorite, because it doesn’t use any Bisquick (which I never have on hand), and they are so easy! You don’t even have to pat the dough out and shape it, because they’re drop biscuits. They really couldn’t be simpler, or more delicious. You definitely need to try these biscuits!
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay BiscuitsPrint Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Grate 6 tablespoons of butter into the dry ingredients, add the cheese, and toss to combine. Pour in the buttermilk and mix until just combined. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop large spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 14-16 minutes, or until lightly browned. While the biscuits are baking, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and parsley. Brush the butter mixture over the biscuits. Serve hot and enjoy!