This savory and cheesy baked spaghetti is so delicious and so easy to make!
I don’t even know what to tell you about this baked spaghetti. Ridiculously easy? Check. Completely delicious? Check. A huge favorite with the whole family? Check. It’s such a simple recipe, and so flavorful too! I made it a few weeks ago, when we were still in the muddled haze of trying to adjust to daylight savings time, and it was the perfect easy dinner for a night when I was tired and everyone was cranky. I loved seeing the smiles on my girls’ faces as they dug in!
This recipe would be easy to customize in any number of ways. You could add in your favorite fresh veggies, like zucchini, spinach, and mushrooms. You could make it with alfredo sauce instead of marinara sauce, and swap out the ground turkey for chunks of cooked chicken breast. You could make it in two 8 x 8 dishes, and save half in the freezer for another day. It makes a ton (enough for 3-4 meals for my family), and I’m sure it would freeze well. I think it’s going to be a new staple in our family!
Baked SpaghettiPrint Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 24 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a large skillet, cooked the ground meat, onions, and garlic until the meat is browned and the onions are translucent. Add the spaghetti sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, parmesan, and 2 cups of mozzarella. Spread half of the spaghetti noodles in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the top of the noodles, followed by half of the meat sauce mixture. Repeat with remaining noodles, ricotta, and meat sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake 30 minutes, then remove the cover and bake an additional ten minutes.