This creamy, cheesy, baked enchilada lasagna is so easy to make and so flavorful! It’s a hearty and delicious meal that everyone will love!
This enchilada lasagna is, hands down, one of my family’s favorite meals! It has been a staple in our family for the last five years or so, and I make it so regularly that I’m pretty sure could make it in my sleep. It was only recently that I realized I have never added the recipe to the blog, which is a total shame. It’s a great meal to make ahead, and also makes an awesome freezer meal! It’s loaded with layers of soft corn tortillas, creamy chicken filling, and savory enchilada sauce, and so cheesy and delicious! I like to add spinach and beans to the filling to add a little nutrition (and because it’s the only way I can get my suddenly picky six year old to eat them), but you could easily swap out some other vegetables or just leave them out completely. Either way, it’s a tasty, filling, totally easy to make dinner that everyone will love!
Enchilada LasagnaPrint Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces chopped cooked spinach
- 1 15 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 19 ounce can green enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, spinach, beans, green chilies, and 2 cups of cheese. Stir in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In the bottom of the baking dish, spread about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce to cover the bottom.
- In the bottom of the baking dish, spread about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce to cover the bottom. Layer 4 tortillas on the bottom of the dish. Top with half of the chicken mixture. Layer another 4 tortillas over the top of the chicken mixture, then spread with half of the remaining enchilada sauce. Top with the remaining chicken mixture. Layer 4 more tortillas over the top of the chicken mixture, spread with the remaining enchilada sauce, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Let stand ten minutes before serving.