These quick and easy pizza pockets are so delicious and easy to make. Perfect for a simple lunch or a quick dinner, and they’re freezer-friendly too!
Okay, I have to ask: how often does your family eat pizza? I’ll confess that my family probably eats pizza at least once a week. I try to keep things a little healthier by serving homemade pizza most of the time, but we also have a few favorite local pizza places that we can’t get enough of. Pizza is definitely one of my husband’s favorite foods, and it’s probably at least in my top ten (I just happen to love lots of different foods!). My kids can’t get enough pizza either!
If you, like our family, love pizza, then you will love these quick and easy pizza pockets. They’re like mini-calzones, and perfect for a quick lunch or easy dinner. I like to make a double batch and keep them in the freezer so I can pull them out as needed. My kids love these and could eat them every day. They are definitely a family favorite!
Quick and Easy Pizza PocketsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 3/4 cup cooked and crumbled sausage
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, yeast, and sugar. Let sit five minutes, or until bubbly. Add the flour, oil, and salt, and mix until a dough forms. Knead gently, adding more flour as needed, to form a soft dough. Allow to rise for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a circle. Spread two tablespoons of pizza sauce on one side of each piece of dough. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese, top with three slices of pepperoni, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons crumbled sausage. Pull the other half of the dough over the top of filling and seal the edges closed. Using a fork, pierce the top of the pockets once or twice to allow steam to escape. Brush the tops of the pockets with a little olive oil, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.