This savory and cheesy spinach and bacon quiche is so delicious, and easy to make!
I shared with you on Wednesday that I have finally discovered the perfect pie crust recipe, and now you get to see what I made with that lovely pie crust! This spinach and bacon quiche is incredibly delicious, and perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. My family loves quiche, and we have it for dinner at least once a month. This broccoli cheese quiche is always a favorite at our house, but I think this spinach and bacon quiche may be my children’s new favorite. Both of them cleaned their plates without any prompting from me, which is always the mark of a good dinner. My six year old, who HATES spinach, nonetheless ate every last bite. I should probably just make a mental note to add bacon to everything if I want her to eat it. 🙂 This quiche is the perfect mix of flavors, and the texture is amazing. It’s definitely going to be added to the rotation at our house!
Spinach and Bacon QuichePrint Recipe
- 1 pie crust I used half of this recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked spinach
- 4 slices bacon chopped, fried until crisp
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375. Press the pie crust into a pie dish, shaping it as you like. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and half and half. Add the flour and water to a small bowl and mix until combined, dissolving any lumps. Add the flour mixture, salt, and pepper to the eggs, and mix to combine, then whisk in the spinach. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle the bacon and the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the quiche is lightly golden and only jiggles slightly when shaken gently.