Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
This tender and sweet strawberry cream cheese bread is so delicious, and so easy to make!
I hope you’re not sick of strawberry recipes yet, because I still have some great ones coming your way! This strawberry cream cheese bread is a classic recipe at my house, and one I love to make whenever we have fresh strawberries on hand. It’s perfect for brunch or dessert, and has the best light and tender texture. It’s another one of those simple recipes that’s completely delicious and easy to make!
This strawberry cream cheese bread can easily made in four mini loaf pans instead of a large loaf pan, or even made in a muffin tin instead for adorable individual servings. The baking time will change depending on the size of the mini loaf pans, but I would suggest starting with a time of 30 minutes, and checking about every five minutes after that to see if they’re done. If you’re making muffins, 18-20 minutes should do the trick (but again, test for doneness before pulling them out).
This bread is perfectly sweetened, and the strawberries studded throughout are delicious little pockets of joy. The cream cheese makes the texture even more tender, almost like pound cake, and adds some richness to the batter as well. This is one of my favorite sweet breads!
Strawberry Cream Cheese BreadPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add the vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and mix just until combined. Add the buttermilk and stir gently until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Carefully fold in strawberries with a spatula, trying to break them up as little as possible (the batter will be thick). Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.