Peach Crisp Pie
This peach crisp pie is loaded with juicy fresh peaches, all covered with buttery cinnamon crisp topping!
I always love pretty much any kind of pie, but if I had to choose a favorite, this peach crisp pie is it! I look forward to making it every summer after we go peach picking, and it never disappoints. It’s fresh peach season here in Oregon, and we visited a local farm a few weeks ago and picked more than 50 pounds of fresh ripe peaches. The peaches were so abundant that we picked all of them in about twenty minutes! We canned most of the peaches to enjoy later in the fall and winter when it’s harder to find fresh peaches, but I always make sure to reserve some specifically for this pie. It’s simple and easy to make, and the combination of fresh peaches and buttery cinnamon crisp topping is outstanding.
I’ve made this pie with homemade pie crust and store-bought pie crust, and it’s delicious either way. To make your peaches easier to peel, you can drop them into a pot of boiling water for 15-20 seconds, then immerse them in ice water for a minute or two. The skins should peel right off easily, and then the peaches will be easy to pit and slice. The filling is so simple and delicious, with just fresh peaches, lemon juice (to prevent browning), sugar, and a little bit of flour.
The sweet crisp topping makes this pie unique and extra delicious! I love that it’s a combination of two of my favorite desserts, and the added crunch and cinnamon flavor from the crisp topping is wonderful in combination with the fresh peaches. Yum!
Peach Crisp PiePrint Recipe
- 1 pie crust
for the filling:
- 3 pounds fresh peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
for the crisp topping:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter cold and cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350. Press the pie crust into a pie dish, shaping it as you please. In a medium bowl, toss the peaches with the lemon juice, sugar, and 2 tablespoons flour, and pour the mixture into the pie crust. To make the topping, whisk together the flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or two knives, until the mixture clumps together. Sprinkle the crisp topping over the peaches. Bake 35-45 minutes, or until the topping is golden and crisp, and the peach juice is bubbling around the edges. Remove and let cool before serving.