This decadent and delicious s’mores cookie cake is so loaded with graham cracker, marshmallow, and chocolate, and so easy to make!
Okay, I know I’m down to the wire at this point, but technically it’s still National S’mores Day, so how about a delicious s’mores dessert? This s’mores cookie cake is the perfect way to satisfy your s’mores cravings, but in cookie form! I started with my favorite chocolate chip cookie cake recipe, then added tons of s’mores flavor with crushed graham crackers, gooey chocolate, and sweet toasted marshmallows. The result is an over-the-top decadent and completely delicious dessert!
I made this for my thirteen year old to take to a social-distancing sleepover with her two best friends last weekend, and it was a big hit! The way it works is that each girl sleeps in her own tent, spaced about ten feet apart in the backyard, and they all wear masks when they’re outside their tents and stay six feet apart. It’s a fun way for her to reconnect with her friends, whom she has missed dearly, and they’ve done it twice now successfully. We’re still being very careful about social distancing, with my husband working in healthcare and a new baby on the way, but I’m glad that we’re finding creative ways to socialize and stay in touch with friends. I wrapped slices of the s’mores cake up individually for each girl, and they all went crazy for it!
This cake is best on the day it’s made, but the leftovers are pretty delicious warmed up in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, especially with a scoop of ice cream on the side. The combination of flavors in this cake is totally fantastic, and I love that it’s so easy to make!
S’mores Cookie CakePrint Recipe
- 12 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups chopped Hershey Bars divided
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half lengthwise (or 1 cup mini marshmallows)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 10 inch quiche pan or springform pan and set aside. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and mix until combined. Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined, being careful not to over-mix. Gently fold in the graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, and 3/4 cup of the Hershey bars. Press the batter into the prepared pan in an even layer. Bake 20-22 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over the top of the cake, then sprinkle the remaining Hershey bars over the top. Broil 3-4 minutes, until the marshmallows are golden brown and toasted. Let cool before serving.