Mini Bacon Breakfast Pizzas
These mini bacon breakfast pizzas are so delicious and flavorful, and perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
I’ve been having a really hard time coming up with ideas for dinner every night in the last few months. I usually sit down once a week and make a menu plan and grocery list, and order grocery pickup for the next day. Because I’ve been so tired in the past few months with the baby keeping me up at night, it has been gotten harder to think of new ideas, and we’ve been in a total rut of eating the same things over and over. I decided to ask my older kids which of my recipes are their favorites, and to my surprise, they filled up a whole page with all of their favorite foods. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t just mac and cheese and cookies! They had also included things like hazelnut green beans and fruit salad. At the top of their list was bacon breakfast pizza. I was a little surprised that they both love it so much, since it’s totally easy to make, and we usually have all of the ingredients on hand already.
My daughter Lizzy requested that I come up with a mini version of their favorite breakfast pizza so she could have her own pizza all to herself for her birthday, and I was happy to do it. The mini pizzas turned out so cute, and they’re the perfect serving size for one person. I served them with baby carrots and ranch on the side (another of Lizzy’s favorites) and it was a totally delicious birthday dinner!
I like the yolks of my eggs soft but not runny, but you can adjust the baking time to your preference. If you’d like them more runny, I would suggest cooking the pizzas for around 6 minutes, and 8-9 minutes if you like them more firm. If you’re very concerned about the eggs being cooked all the way through, you can also scramble the egg before you pour it into the center of the pizza. In that case, it should be fully cooked in about 7 minutes. If you’re using a scrambled egg, you’ll want to be extra careful to build a solid dam of cheese around the edges of the pizza so the egg doesn’t run out and burn all over your oven. We love ours with bacon, but you could also use diced ham, crumbled sausage, sautéed mushrooms and/or peppers, or just cheese. They’re delicious no matter what!
Mini Bacon Breakfast PizzasPrint Recipe
for the dough:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon corn meal
for the toppings:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500 with a pizza stone or overturned cookie sheet inside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, yeast, and sugar. Let sit five minutes, or until bubbly. Add the flour and salt, and mix until a dough forms. Knead gently, adding more flour as needed, to form a soft dough. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle a piece of parchment paper or a pizza peel with corn meal. Divide the dough into four equal sized balls. Spread each ball of the pizza dough into a 6 inch circle, using your fingers to make an indented border around the outside edge. Brush the pizza dough generously with the olive oil. Sprinkle the cheese and bacon around the edge of the dough, leaving an open space in the middle for the egg. Crack an egg into the center of each mini pizza, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Carefully transfer the pizzas to the pizza stone or overturned cookie sheet using a pizza peel or large cutting board. Bake 7-8 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the crust is golden brown. Remove the pizzas from the oven, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot.