These dark chocolate mango cookies have a unique and delicious combination of flavors, for a completely unforgettable cookie!
When my baby had surgery in June, one of the only bright spots was that my parents were able to drive up to Oregon from Utah to help. Not only were they incredibly helpful in entertaining my older kids (and taking care of all of us), they also offered to bring up a bunch of fun things from Utah that I’ve been homesick for. I put in a giant order from my favorite kitchen store, and my parents graciously hauled all of it up to Oregon for me. They asked if there were any treats or special foods they could bring for me, and ended up bringing a dozen of my favorite bagels (from Rich’s Bagels), several Crust Club pot pies, and a bunch of bags of frozen Ruby Snap cookie dough. I have no idea how they managed to keep everything frozen on the long drive, but they did it. I was absolutely thrilled to have so many favorites that I haven’t been able to get in Oregon!
In the time since they visited, we’ve been working our way through the frozen cookie dough, and a few weeks ago I pulled out a bag of dark chocolate mango cookie dough. I have to say, I was pretty skeptical as to whether they would actually be good, because it sounded like such an unusual combination, but to my surprise, they were AMAZING. I think they are actually my favorite of all the cookies that my parents brought with them. The combination of textures and flavors was just totally outstanding. Literally the next day I set to work making my own version, and they turned out just as delicious!
I adapted my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but added in chopped dried mango, substituted chopped dark chocolate for the chocolate chips, and added a little sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top for a little something extra. I used the sweetened dried mango from Trader Joe’s (it’s a staple at my house!) and it worked great. I used a giant (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop to make the cookies extra big, and to keep the middles nice and soft. These dark chocolate mango cookies are so unique, and totally irresistible!
These cookies will keep well for up to a week (although they are so delicious that they probably won’t last that long). I like to put the leftover cookies in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to make the chocolate extra melty and delicious. Is there anything better than a warm cookie? Yum!
Dark Chocolate Mango CookiesPrint Recipe
- 12 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dark chocolate I used Guittard
- 3/4 cup chopped dried mango
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt I used Maldon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the dark chocolate and mango pieces.
- Scoop the dough into large balls (I used a 3 tablespoon scoop) and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 2-3 inches apart. Bake 12-13 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.