These sheet pan chicken fajitas are simple to make, and bursting with delicious flavors. It’s an easy weeknight meal that’s sure to please!
Who else loves a good sheet pan meal? I make a sheet pan dinner at least once a week because they’re so easy and simple! I usually do something like salmon or sausage and assorted roasted vegetables (based now whatever I have on hand in the house), but sometimes it’s fun to change things up a little. These sheet pan chicken fajitas are so simple to make and totally delicious! The chicken comes out tender, flavorful, and juicy, and the vegetables take on all of the flavors from the marinade and are cooked to perfection. With some warm flour tortillas, sour cream, and cheese on the side, it’s an easy meal that the whole family will love!
I started making my own tortillas years ago, and now I can’t go back! This homemade flour tortilla recipe comes out perfect every time and my family can’t get enough of them. If you’re short on time or just don’t want to add any extra work to the meal, you could definitely use store-bought tortillas instead. I prefer flour tortillas for fajitas, but use whatever you like. These would even be totally delicious in a lettuce wrap, or served over rice. You really can’t go wrong here!
My kids totally love these fajitas, and are always excited when I make them, but they love it even more when I make fajita quesadillas the next day with the leftovers. So simple and delicious! One of my girls won’t eat peppers in any other context, but totally loves them in these fajitas. They are just that good!
Sheet Pan Chicken FajitasPrint Recipe
for the fajitas:
- 2 tablespooons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow or green pepper cut into strips
- 1 medium onion cut into strips
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- homemade tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken to a zipper bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours. When you are ready to cook, add the sliced peppers and onions to a rimmed baking sheet. Add the chicken and marinade to the baking sheet, and mix everything together well. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and cook 25-30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot in tortillas with cheese, sour cream, and salsa.