These sweet and tender strawberry streusel muffins are incredibly delicious! They’re the perfect way to start the day!
I’ve said it lots of times before, but muffins are one of my favorite foods! I make them at least once a week, because I love that they’re perfect for easy breakfasts, school lunches, or snacks. All of my kids love them, and I have made just about every flavor imaginable. These strawberry streusel muffins are one of our favorites. If you haven’t baked with fresh strawberries before, you are in for a treat! They give these muffins a sweet and delicious flavor, and a texture that is totally irresistible!
The streusel on top of these muffins is technically optional, but it’s so tasty that I would definitely not recommend leaving it out! It adds the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch, and is the perfect compliment to the light and fluffy muffins. Sometimes when I’m in a hurry, I leave it out, but I always regret it because it takes these muffins over the top!
These muffins are the very best when they’re made with freshly picked, sun-ripened strawberries, but since those aren’t available year round, store-bought strawberries also work just fine. If your strawberries aren’t particularly sweet, you may want to toss them with a teaspoon of sugar before folding them into the batter. These muffins are so pretty and sweet that they’d be perfect for a Valentine’s Day breakfast or for sharing with your sweetheart.
The muffin base for these strawberry streusel muffins has the very best texture, and is so light and fluffy. I really have never had a better muffin! (And trust me, I have tried a loooooooot of muffin recipes.) It’s the same base I used for these blueberry streusel muffins, these apple cinnamon streusel muffins, these huckleberry muffins, and these cranberry orange muffins. It really is the best! These strawberry streusel muffins are another delicious recipe, and a must make!
Strawberry Streusel MuffinsPrint Recipe
for the muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk warmed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries
for the streusel:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425. Add 18 paper liners to two muffin tins. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just barely combined. Gently fold the strawberries into the muffin batter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. To make the streusel, whisk the flour, sugar, and brown sugar together with a fork in a small bowl. Drizzle in the melted butter and whisk until the butter is blended in and the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the streusel over the tops of the muffins. Bake 15 minutes, or until light golden brown on top and cooked through.