This Instant Pot potato salad is so easy to make, and so delicious! It’s perfect for all of your summer gatherings!
Raise your hand if you love potato salad as much as I do! I generally don’t make a lot of side dishes (we usually just have fresh fruit and fresh or sautéed vegetables with our main course for dinner) but potato salad is one of my favorite side dishes to make all through the summer. It’s easy to make in advance and serve with grilled chicken, sausages, burgers, salmon – you name it! The only thing I haven’t liked about it in the past is heating up the kitchen by boiling the potatoes (which is the way my mom has always made it). By using the Instant Pot instead, I can avoid a hot steamy kitchen and have potato salad in way less time. It’s a win all around!
I’ve used both russet potatoes and red potatoes for this recipe lots of times, and they both work well! If I’m using red potatoes, I don’t even bother to peel them, I just cut them into pieces and toss them in the pot. I love that the eggs cook right in the same pot with the potatoes, which makes it all super easy! I love olives and celery in my potato salad, but feel free to leave out either or both if you’re not a fan. My kids generally hate olives but they will tolerate them in this potato salad because it’s so delicious. I’ve also made this potato salad with chopped green or red onions, and it’s delicious that way as well.
The dressing for this potato salad is simple and delicious. Obviously it’s important to use a mayonnaise that you like, because you will definitely taste it! I am a mayo snob (or maybe just super picky when it comes to mayo?) and will only eat Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil, so that’s what I always use. I like the combination of yellow mustard and dijon mustard, and the mustard adds flavor without being overpowering. Finish the salad with a little paprika, and you’re all set! You can easily make this potato salad in advance and refrigerate it until you’re ready to eat. This Instant Pot potato salad is a classic summer side dish made easier!
Instant Pot Potato SaladPrint Recipe
- 6 large russet potatoes peeled
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1 cup mayonnaise I like the kind with olive oil
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Chop the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot insert, and add the trivet to the pot. Place the potatoes on top of the trivet, then add the eggs on the top. Place the lid on the pot, turn the knob to seal, and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure. Remove the eggs using tongs and place them in an ice water bath to cool. Drain the potatoes and spread them out on a baking sheet until cooled completely.
- Peel the eggs and chop them into small pieces. Add the potatoes, eggs, celery, and olives, to a large bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and toss again. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.