These breadstick bones are so cute and so easy to make! They’re the perfect side dish for your Halloween feast!
Hello friends! I have another super tasty Halloween recipe for you today. These garlic parmesan breadstick bones are so cute, so fun, and so easy to make! They’re the perfect accompaniment to any of your fall soups, stews, or pasta dishes, and they are so buttery and delicious. They’re an absolute favorite at my house!
These breadstick bones are a fun twist on my favorite Olive Garden-copycat breadsticks. They’re super soft and fluffy on the inside, chewy on the outside, and topped with so much buttery garlic parmesan deliciousness. The dough is easy to make, with just a handful of ingredients, and you can make a batch start to finish in about two hours (which is great for those days when I forget to start dinner until late in the afternoon!).
Shaping the breadsticks into bones was easy and quick. I rolled each of the breadsticks into a long rope (about 12 inches long), then cut a 2-3 inch slit on each side of the rope. I then rolled each side of the slit up into a little spiral in opposite directions to make a bone shape. Easy peasy!
Since a good breadstick is always tastes even better with a dipping sauce, I paired this breadsticks with some homemade marinara sauce. The sauce is the perfect complement to these breadstick bones! I also like that it’s bright red, so you can call it blood sauce or something if you want things to be a little creepier at your Halloween party. 🙂 Creepy or not, these breadsticks are super delicious and easy to make too!
Breadstick BonesPrint Recipe
for the breadsticks:
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 – 3 1/4 cups flour
for the topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let sit until foamy and bubbly. Add the salt, oil, and two cups of flour, and mix to combine. Add the remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, to form a soft dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Knead until smooth, then place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise for one hour.
- After the dough has risen, gently punch it down and divide it into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 12 inch rope, then cut a 2-3 inch slit on each side of the rope. Roll the dough on either side up the slit into a spiral, in opposite directions, to make a bone shape. Place the breadsticks on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes to an hour, until doubled in size. During the last 10 minutes of rise time, preheat the oven to 425. Bake 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush with the melted butter, then sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan. Serve warm.