This luscious and rich Nutella sea salt fudge is so easy to make, and has an incredibly delicious combination of flavors!
I know Nutella can be a little polarizing (people either seem to love it or hate it!) but I am firmly on team Nutella. We buy big Costco-sized containers of it frequently, and everyone in my family loves it! My girls make Nutella toast in the morning, I use it for all sorts of baking recipes, and we all tend to just sneak the occasional spoonful when no one is looking. 🙂 It is so good! One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is in this Nutella sea salt fudge!
I made this fudge for the first time ages ago, before I ever thought of blogging as a job. At the time, I was a stay at home mom with two very little kids, just posting sporadically about the different things I cooked, and our finances were very tight. I made the fudge to give as a birthday gift to several of my husband’s family members. If I recall correctly (it has been ten years, after all) it was a big hit! I’ve made it several times since then, but it has been a couple of years now since the last time, and I had forgotten both how easy it is to make and how totally delicious it is!
The Nutella adds a great flavor to the fudge, but it isn’t overpowering. The combination of Nutella and sea salt is totally delicious! I used my favorite flaky Maldon salt (which I like so much that I could almost eat it plain) and it added the perfect finishing touch. I’ve made this fudge with different types of chocolate over the years, and honestly I haven’t noticed much of a difference when I use a more expensive chocolate versus just using chocolate chips. This time I used Guittard dark chocolate discs because I just happened to have exactly 8 ounces of them in the cupboard, but I’ve used regular old Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips plenty of times, and the’ve worked great!
This fudge will keep for a couple of weeks if stored in the fridge in in airtight container. The recipe makes a bunch, so it’s great for gifting (or just enjoying whenever you need a little chocolate boost). If you love Nutella as much as I do, this fudge is a must-make!
Nutella Sea Salt FudgePrint Recipe
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella spread
- 3 tablespoons butter cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment, and spray with cooking spray. Add the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, Nutella, and butter to a double boiler over medium low heat (or a glass or metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water). Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is melted and smooth, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the sea salt over the top. Refrigerate at least two hours, until chilled completely. Cut into 1 inch squares using a pizza cutter or sharp knife. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.