Chicken and Veggie Peanut Noodles
These chicken and veggie peanut noodles are so flavorful and easy to make! They’re a healthy and delicious main dish!
Who doesn’t love a healthy and delicious dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes? These chicken and veggie peanut noodles are so flavorful, with a savory and sweet peanut sauce that’s quick and easy to make. These noodles are a perfect meal for cleaning out the fridge, because you can throw pretty much any vegetables in there, and the dish will still come out completely delicious!
I made these particular noodles with green beans, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, red onion, and red pepper, and everything combined beautifully. In the past, I’ve also made these noodles with shredded carrots, mushrooms, snap peas, broccoli, and/or yellow onions, and they’ve all been fabulous! I often throw in some rotisserie chicken if I have some on hand, but they’re also delicious with no added protein. You could also add thinly sliced pork or beef, or use tofu instead. You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by using vegetable broth (or even just water) in place of the chicken broth.
These noodles are one of my go-to simple dinners because they have so much going for them! They’re endlessly customizable to whatever ingredients you happen to have on hand, and they’re so easy and quick to make. I nearly always have some kind of vegetable in the fridge that needs to be used up post haste, but these noodles are fantastic with just the sauce and noodles if you’re not a veggie fan. My kids lovingly call them “peanut butter noodles” and will eat them just about any way I make them, which is always a win in my book!
Chicken and Veggie Peanut NoodlesPrint Recipe
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 2 cups green beans trimmed
- 1 small zucchini cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup brussels sprouts cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, and drain. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the red pepper, onion, green beans, and zucchini to the skillet and cook until tender. While the vegetables are cooking, whisk together the chicken broth, peanut butter, sriracha, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- When the vegetables are cooked, pour the sauce into the skillet and add the rotisserie chicken. Cook 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is warmed through. Toss the cooked pasta with the vegetables and sauce. Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped peanuts.