Cadbury Egg Cookies
These Cadbury egg cookies are loaded with candy and chocolate chips, and have the best chewy oatmeal texture. They are so delicious!
As long and dreary as this winter has felt, I am finally starting to see some signs of spring on the way! Sure, it’s still raining almost every day, but the daffodils and crocuses in my front yard are about ready to bloom. I’ve been browsing the gardening section at Target and getting so excited about planning my vegetable garden this year. There still isn’t much sunshine to be had, but I can imagine it being warmer soon! Since Easter is the quintessential spring holiday, I thought it would be fun to share a few new Easter recipes on the blog. These Cadbury egg cookies are so fun and festive for spring, and absolutely delicious!
The combination of flavors and textures in these cookies is totally fantastic. They’ve got a thick, rich, and chewy oatmeal base, and are loaded with chocolate chips and Cadbury mini eggs. The edges are crisp, but the middles stay soft and chewy. I love how much chocolate is packed into every cookie!
I used a three tablespoon scoop (about the size of an ice cream scoop) to make the dough balls for my cookies, but you could easily make them smaller or larger if you want. You will probably need to adjust the baking time up or down by a minute or two if you make a different size of cookie. You’ll want to pull the cookies out of the oven when they’re just starting to get golden brown around the edges, but they still look soft and puffy in the middle. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
I think these cookies are best when they’re warm from the oven, so the chocolate is melty and gooey. They’re so delicious with a cold glass of milk! They will keep for about a week in an airtight container. The cookies stay soft and chewy, and are still totally delicious several days later!
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious Easter treat, these Cadbury egg cookies are perfect!
Cadbury Egg CookiesPrint Recipe
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 10 ounce bag mini Cadbury eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar, and mix until combined. Add the vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to form a thick dough. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and Cadbury eggs.
- Scoop the dough into balls and place on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes, until light golden brown on the bottom. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then move to a wire rack.