Snickers caramel popcorn – a delicious mix of crunchy caramel corn, peanuts, Snickers pieces, and chocolate. So addicting and delicious!
Guess what? Today is national popcorn day! This snickers caramel popcorn is amazingly delicious, super addicting, and perfect any time you need an over-the-top treat (which, for me, is most of the time). I made my favorite crunchy caramel corn, tossed in some peanuts, and topped it with chopped Snickers and a delicious milk chocolate drizzle. It’s fun to make and even more fun to eat!
This popcorn is super addicting, so be sure to invite a few friends over after you make it. Or just keep it all for yourself. 🙂 It was a big hit with my family and we will definitely be making it again!
Snickers Caramel PopcornPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/2 cup butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup shelled peanuts
- 2 full size Snickers bars cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate melting wafers I used Guittard
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the popcorn kernels and shake to coat with oil. When the kernels begin to pop, place the lid on the pot and continue popping until most of the kernels are popped and there is only one pop every few seconds. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 250. In a medium pot, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, and butter. Heat over medium heat until the mixture reaches a simmer. Simmer until the mixture reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda, sea salt, and vanilla. Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat. Add the peanuts and toss to distribute. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Bake 15 minutes, then toss the popcorn, and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool ten minutes.
- When the popcorn has cooled slightly, sprinkle with the Snickers pieces. Melt the wafers in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn. Allow to cool completely, then break into pieces.
This year I’ve teamed up with a group of fabulous bloggers to celebrate one food holiday every month and share our delicious recipes with you! Go check them out and find some new favorite blogs to follow. All of these popcorn recipes look fantastic, and I can’t wait to try them!
Check out all the delicious popcorn recipes from the #celebratingfood group here:
Snickers Caramel Popcorn from The Baker Upstairs
Churro Popcorn from Ashlee Marie
Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn from Creations by Kara
Avalanche Popcorn from Real Mom Kitchen
Pretty-in-Pink Popcorn from Butter With A Side of Bread
Jalapeño Popper Popcorn Balls from The Stay at Home Chef
Samoa Popcorn from Like Mother Like Daughter
Candy Flavored Sugar Popcorn from Jamie Cooks it Up!
Black Pepper Parmesan Popcorn from Life Made Simple
Easy Homemade Kettle Corn from Yummy Healthy Easy
Chocolate Caramel Crunch Popcorn from Summer Scraps
And here are eighteen more delicious popcorn recipes that you will love!
Caramel Popcorn Balls from Ashlee Marie
Cake Mix & Sprinkles Popcorn from Ashlee Marie
Zebra Caramel Popcorn from Like Mother Like Daughter
Butterfinger Candy Popcorn from Like Mother Like Daughter
Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn from Like Mother Like Daughter
Cinnamon Glazed Popcorn from Creations by Kara
Gourmet Cinnamon Roll Caramel Popcorn from Creations by Kara
Chocolate Popcorn from Butter With A Side of Bread
Popcorn Cake from Butter With A Side of Bread
Peppermint Popcorn from Butter With A Side of Bread
Caramel Apple Pie Popcorn from Real Mom Kitchen
After School Peanut Butter and Honey Popcorn from Real Mom Kitchen
Cinnamon Bear Popcorn from Jamie Cooks it Up!
White Chocolate Popcorn from Jamie Cooks it Up!
Frozen Popcorn Snowballs from Life Made Simple
Movie Night Chocolate Chip Cookies from Life Made Simple
M&M’s Caramel Popcorn from Summer Scraps
Double Chocolate Sweet and Salty Popcorn Mix from Summer Scraps