This simple and flavorful Instant Pot honey sesame chicken is ready in under an hour, and so delicious!
Why yes, it is another Instant Pot recipe. Score! I keep telling you, it is the most magic kitchen appliance ever. I just feel like I need to cook all the things in it and try out all of my favorite recipes. This honey sesame chicken is one that I’ve made multiple times in the slow cooker, but I decided to give it a whirl in the Instant Pot, and it turned out fantastic! It was quick and easy, and the chicken came out so perfectly tender and flavorful. Yum!
I made this chicken a few weeks ago, when we were having our SIXTH snow day of the year and I had my hands full juggling my cabin-fever-crazy kids, and needed something easy for dinner. I also hadn’t been to the grocery store in over a week, due to a series of ice and snow storms. I love that it uses stuff I pretty much always have on hand, so it’s an easy dinner for nights when the grocery stockpiles are low. My kids loved it, and when I asked my nine year old to rate the recipe for me, she said, “One million stars out of five!” I think that’s about as good a recommendation as you can get. 🙂
Instant Pot Honey Sesame ChickenPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- hot cooked rice for serving
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and oil. Pour the honey mixture over the chicken and toss to coat. Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for ten minutes, then manually release the pressure. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water, then pour the corn starch into the sauce in the bottom of the pot. Turn on the saute function, and cook 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently, until thickened. Toss the shredded chicken in the sauce. Serve hot over rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds.