These gooey and melty stuffed cheese buns are amazingly delicious and the perfect side dish or snack!
Today is National Cheese Day! I think this may be my favorite of all the food holidays so far this year. I am in love with all things cheese. I can’t really think of anything better than gooey, melty, savory cheesiness! These butter and garlic stuffed cheese buns are the perfect way to celebrate cheese day. They’re soft little bread pillows, stuffed with gooey and melty mozzarella cheese, topped with more mozzarella and parmesan, and baked to perfection. They’re a delicious side dish for pasta or soup, or a fantastic snack for any time!
These cheese buns smell heavenly while they’re baking, and the combination of cheese and garlic is delightful. They’re not exactly health food, but they’re so delicious that you won’t be able to stop eating them!
Stuffed Cheese BunsPrint Recipe
for the buns:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour more or less as needed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into 18 cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water, until bubbly. Add the garlic powder, butter, and oil. Add two cups of the flour and the salt, and stir to combine. Add the remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, to form a dough that is just slightly tacky to the touch. Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour. Preheat the oven to 375 during the last ten minutes of rise time. After the dough has risen, punch it down gently and divide into 18 equal sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten with your hand. Place a cheese cube in the center, and fold the dough around the cheese. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Top with shredded mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the buns are golden brown. Whisk the garlic powder and parsley into the melted butter. Brush the butter mixture over the warm buns. Serve warm.
For more amazing cheese recipes, check out these fantastic posts below:
cheese recipes from my Celebrating Food blogging friends:
Cheddar Broccoli Soup from Ashlee Marie
Cheesy Garlic Bread from Life Made Simple
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Creations by Kara
Fromage Fort from Foodie with Family
One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini from Yellow Bliss Road
Cheese Blintz with Fresh Strawberries from Real Mom Kitchen
Cheesy Pesto Bread from Gather for Bread
Instant Pot Cheesy Enchilada Rice from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
more cheese recipes from around the web:
Cheesy Sausage Lasagna from Little Red Hen
Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites from I Heart Naptime
Cheese Enchiladas from Lil’ Luna
Four Cheese Spaghetti from Damn Delicious
Bacon and Egg Cheeseburger from Like Mother Like Daughter
and even more cheese recipes from The Baker Upstairs:
Happy National Cheese Day!