These unicorn muddy buddies are so whimsical and fun, and easy to make too!
Okay, I fully recognize that these unicorn muddy buddies are completely ridiculous! They’re all bright colors and powdered sugar and colorful sprinkles, and totally not like what I usually make. However, my kiddos have hopped on board the unicorn dessert train, and have been begging me for weeks to make a crazy, fun, colorful dessert. A few weeks ago I found two half-empty boxes of Chex cereal in the back of the cupboard, combined them with my ridiculously large stash of candy melts, and made these colorful treats!
They’re super easy to make, and taste almost like circus animal cookies! I boosted the flavor in the powdered sugar mixture by adding in some cake mix, and it was definitely a good choice. If you’re not crazy about the unicorn thing, you could definitely make these with just one color of candy melts (or even just almond bark or any white melting chocolate) and I’m sure they would still turn out fantastic. These unicorn muddy buddies are so addicting and fun to snack on, and the kids absolutely loved them!
Unicorn Muddy BuddiesPrint Recipe
- 3/4 cup white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces bright pink candy melts divided
- 3 ounces turquoise candy melts divided
- 3 ounces purple candy melts divided
- 3 ounces blue candy melts divided
- 8 cups corn chex or rice chex cereal
- Add the cake mix and powdered sugar to a gallon size bag and toss to combine. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt two ounces of the bright pink candy melts at 50% power, stirring every thirty seconds. Toss with 2 cups of the chex cereal, until coated. Scoop the cereal into the gallon bag and toss to coat with the powdered sugar mixture. Scoop the cereal out of the bag using a slotted spoon, and place on a baking sheet to cool. Repeat with remaining colors of candy melts and remaining cereal. Melt the remaining one ounce of each color of candy melts, and drizzle over the top of the chex, then top with sprinkles. (I found it helpful to melt the candy melts in a disposable decorating bag, to make it easier to drizzle.) Let cool and enjoy!