This delicious and savory cheeseburger pasta is quick and easy to make, and sure to be a favorite with the whole family!
Hey friends! Did you know it’s National Cheeseburger Day? What better way to celebrate than with some delicious cheeseburger pasta? I took my favorite homemade mac and cheese recipe, stirred in some ground beef and diced tomatoes, and topped the skillet with some fresh chopped tomatoes and green onions. The result is a tasty meal that the whole family will love!
This cheeseburger pasta is almost like those boxed pasta mixes that I loved as a child, but so much better because it’s homemade! It’s so flavorful and delicious, and I love the combination of savory meat, gooey and cheesy sauce, and tender pasta. It’s perfect for a busy night when you don’t have a lot of time to cook, but still want something delicious!
Cheeseburger PastaPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can 15 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- for topping: fresh chopped tomatoes green onions
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter is melted, whisk in the flour to form a paste. Let cook 2-3 minutes until golden. Gradually add the milk, whisking so there are no lumps. Let cook for a few minutes until thickened, then gradually add the chicken broth, continuing to whisk constantly. Whisk in the salt and pepper, then let the mixture cook for a few minutes, until thickened to desired consistency. Remove from heat and whisk in the mustard and cheese until melted. Add the drained pasta, ground beef, and diced tomatoes. Return to heat and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through. Sprinkle with fresh tomatoes and green onions, and serve hot.
For more delicious cheeseburger recipes, check out the posts below!
Fantastic cheeseburger recipes from my Celebrating Food blogging friends:
Mac and Cheese Stuffed Cheeseburgers from Ashlee Marie
Bacon Cheeseburger Pie from Creations by Kara
Cheeseburger Cobb Salad from Real Mom Kitchen
Tri-Tip Chili Cheeseburger from Hey Grill Hey
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Easy Cheeseburger Dip from Gather for Bread
and even more fantastic cheeseburger recipes from around the web:
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza from Somewhat Simple
Cheeseburger Soup from Lil’ Luna
Bacon and Egg Cheeseburger from Like Mother Like Daughter
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls from The 36th Avenue
In-N-Out Burger Copycat from Your Homebased Mom
Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs from Spend with Pennies
Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps from Life in the Lofthouse
Baked Cheeseburger Bacon Sliders from Noshing with the Nolands
Old Fashioned Cheeseburgers from Martha Stewart
Rodeo Cheeseburgers from Center Cut Cook
All American Bacon Cheeseburger Dip from The Cookie Rookie
Cheeseburger Quesadillas from Culinary Hill