These Halloween mini pizzas are adorable and so easy to make! A fun and delicious Halloween dinner the whole family will love!
Confession: my family has had our Halloween decorations up for over a week already! Halloween is our favorite holiday to celebrate as a family, and we go all out with decorations, scary movies, way too much candy, and fun Halloween food. My kids think about their Halloween costumes all year long, and love trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. My husband (who somehow always manages to be scheduled to work on Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, my birthday, etc.) is adamant about having the night off so we can enjoy the holiday as a family. As soon as those Halloween decorations appear in the stores, we decorate the house and get started celebrating!
These Halloween mini pizzas are always a favorite with my kids! They love being able to choose their own designs and help me roll out the dough, spread the sauce, sprinkle the cheese, and add the decorations. They come out of the oven super cute and tasty too!
This spider pizza is definitely my favorite! I’m not a big fan of real spiders, but these olive ones are pretty darn cute. 🙂
My girls loved the jack o’lantern pizza (mostly because they love pepperoni!).
The mummy didn’t look quite as adorable after it was baked, but it was my kids’ favorite one to make, because they loved tearing the strips from the string cheese. It was a great activity for my incredibly energetic six year old (although I think she ate as much string cheese as she put on the pizza).
These Halloween mini pizzas would be perfect for a Halloween party! You could easy double or triple the recipe and let each of the kids make their own pizza, or assemble them all in advance so they’re ready to go. They would also be perfect for a fun dinner just before trick-or-treating!
Halloween Mini PizzasPrint Recipe
for the crust:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- pepperoni slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- string cheese
- black olives
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, yeast, and sugar. Let sit five minutes, or until bubbly. Add the flour and salt, and mix until a dough forms. Knead gently, adding more flour as needed, to form a soft dough. Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 500. Divide the dough into six even pieces and let rest five minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- To make the spider pizza, pat the dough into a circle that is approximately five inches in diameter. Spread with pizza sauce, then top with mozzarella cheese. Cut a black olive in half lengthwise and place one half cut side down to form the body. Cut the end off an olive to form the head. Slice the remaining olive pieces into thin slices to form the legs and arrange on the sides of the body.
- To make the jack o’lantern pizza, pinch a small piece of dough off of the ball and set aside. Shape the remaining dough into an oval pumpkin shape. Roll the small piece of dough into a stem shape and press to the top of the pumpkin shape. Spread with pizza sauce and top with mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Cut slices of pepperoni into a jack o’lantern face shape and arrange on pizza.
- To make the mummy pizza, tear the string cheese into thin strips. Pat the dough into a five inch circle and spread with pizza sauce. Place two olive slices near the top for the eyes. Layer the string cheese strips over the top of the pizza to look like a mummy’s wrappings.
- Place the pizzas on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes, or until the crust is starting to brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.