This cheesy tostada pizza is a delicious meatless meal that’s super easy to make!
Hey friends! It’s been a minute. I hope your new year has been wonderful so far! I’ve been really excited to get started on my goals for the new year, and so far (11 days in) things are going great! I mentioned before that we are hoping to buy our first home this summer, and so we are trying to save every penny that we can for a down payment. I’m also working on some healthier habits, including (gasp!) giving up my beloved Diet Coke, getting enough sleep, and meeting my exercise goal every day. My reward has been that I’ve been feeling great so far this year! So great, in fact, that I haven’t wanted to sit down at the computer and work. 🙂 As fun as it has been for me to spend the last few weeks re-watching old episodes of Doctor Who and going for walks at the park with my husband, it means I have totally neglected to share this tostada pizza with you, which is an absolute shame.
Since I absolutely love both easy dinner ideas and homemade pizza, this pizza is right up my alley! It’s super quick to make (less than thirty minutes) and is full of flavor. My kids love it, and my husband does too! He was a little skeptical the first time I tried to feed him pizza with fresh salad on top of it, but after a few bites he was totally sold. The savory beans and cheese are the perfect contrast to the fresh lettuce and tomatoes, and the ranch/sour cream mixture on top helps to tie everything together. This is one of our favorite pizzas, and we make it often!
Tostada PizzaPrint Recipe
- dough for one pizza crust
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- Preheat the oven to 500 with a baking stone or overturned cookie sheet inside. Spread the dough out to form a large circle. In a small bowl, mix the refried beans with the garlic, cumin, and chili powder. Spread the refried beans over the pizza crust in an even layer, then sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake 7-9 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and ranch dressing. Sprinkle the lettuce and tomatoes over the top of the pizza, then drizzle with the sour cream mixture. Serve immediately.
For more fantastic pizza recipes, check out some of my favorites below: