Chicken Fajita Nachos
These chicken fajita nachos are so flavorful and delicious! They’re perfect for game day or parties!
It’s National Nacho Day today! (It’s also Election Day in the US, so if you haven’t voted yet, go and vote post haste!) Nachos are actually one of my favorite foods, so it’s a little surprising to me that I don’t already have any nacho recipes on the blog. They’re one of my go-to super easy dinners for nights when I don’t feel like doing anything. I love that they are so customizable, and I can top them with whatever I happen to have on hand. Leftover sautéed vegetables from last night? Throw them on! Leftover taco meat in the fridge? Throw it on! Half a can of olives sitting randomly in the fridge from pizza night last week? Throw them on! Sometimes we make them with just plain cheese and a little salsa on top, and they’re still delicious.
These chicken fajita nachos are one of my favorite nacho variations! They start with a flavorful chicken fajita mixture, then are smothered with colby jack cheese, then baked in the oven until they are crispy and melty and delicious. They’re festive enough to serve for a party or game day get-together, but easy enough to make for a lazy weeknight dinner. They are nacho perfection!
Chicken Fajita NachosPrint Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium red pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium green pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium onion sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-6 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- additional garnishes as desired sour cream, salsa, guacamole, fresh cilantro, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Add the red pepper, green pepper, and onion to the skillet, and cook until softened. Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt, lime juice, and water, and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Spread the tortilla chips in an even layer over a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the fajita chicken mixture over the top of the chips, then top with colby jack cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and crisp. Remove from the oven and top with garnishes as desired. Serve immediately.
Be sure to check out these other fabulous nacho recipes from my Celebrating Food blogging friends!
Cheesecake Dessert Nachos from Ashlee Marie
Nacho Soup from Creations by Kara
Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Nachos from Crumb
Buffalo Chicken Nachos from Savory Experiments
Easy Dessert Nachos from Real Mom Kitchen
Vegan Nacho Cheese from Namely Marly
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Nachos from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Spicy Pulled Pork Nachos from Supergolden Bakes
Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce from My Mommy Style
Oh man Alicia, these look sooo good! I love that you just toss everything on a pan and bake it. I'm adding these to our menu!
Sheet pan nachos are the best for entertianing. These look so good, I could reach right in and grab one!
Nachos are my favorite guilty pleasure. This recipe makes it so easy it will be fun to make a vegan version and go to town! 🙂