Bacon Cheddar Cheeseball
This savory and flavorful bacon cheddar cheeseball is so easy to make, and so delicious. It’s the perfect party appetizer!
Are there any foods that immediately make you think of the holidays? For me, cheeseball is one of those foods. My mom frequently made cheeseballs for Thanksgiving and Christmas when I was growing up, and they were always one of my favorite parts of our holiday spread! It wasn’t until I grew up and made my own cheeseball for the first time that I realized just how simple they are to make, I love that it’s a delicious crowd-pleasing appetizer that takes less than 5 minutes to put together. I decided to add some flavor to my cheeseball with bacon, cheddar, green onions, and garlic, and they all combined into a creamy ball of deliciousness!
I always roll my cheeseball in chopped walnuts, and I love that they add some nice texture and flavor to the cheeseball. If you’re not a fan (or have a nut allergy to work around), you could roll the cheeseball in everything bagel seasoning (yum!), additional grated cheddar cheese, or even just leave it plain. I usually serve it with a variety of crackers, but wheat thins are my top favorites for cheeseball. (I don’t like them any other time, but wheat thins and cheeseball are a match made in heaven!) This bacon cheddar cheeseball is the perfect addition to your holiday table!
Bacon Cheddar CheeseballPrint Recipe
- 2 8 ounce blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, green onions, garlic powder, and Worcestershire to a medium bowl and mix well. (I find it easiest to use my hands to mix everything together.) Shape the cream cheese into a ball shape, and roll in the chopped walnuts, coating the outside. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.