These simple and quick open faced chicken parmesan sandwiches are so easy to make, and full of flavor!
One of the challenges of working at home is figuring out something to eat for lunch every day. When I worked as a nurse, I usually either packed a sandwich or leftovers for lunch, or grabbed something quick at the hospital cafeteria. But now that I’m at home every day, I seem to have run out of ideas for lunches completely. It feels like way too much work to cook something elaborate for just myself, and too often I just end up grazing all afternoon instead of eating a proper meal. I know in the grand scheme of things, this is hardly a big problem, but it is a small daily struggle. 🙂 I’ve been trying to pull together a list of easy lunches that I can make with the ingredients I nearly always have on hand, and these open faced chicken parmesan sandwiches just made the list!
These sandwiches are so flavorful and delicious, and I love that they’re made with just a handful of easy ingredients! I almost always have shredded rotisserie chicken from Costco on hand, and with a little marinara sauce and some grated mozzarella, I put together a super tasty sandwich. For the bread, I used my favorite sliced Tuscan Pane from Trader Joe’s, but sliced french bread would also work great. I made the bread into garlic bread before adding my sandwich toppings, and it added so much delicious flavor to the finished sandwich. Toasting the bread beforehand also prevents sogginess and helps the sandwich hold itself together better.
These sandwiches are so savory and flavorful, and ready in less than thirty minutes. The recipe below is easily scalable, so you can adjust it to make as many or as few sandwiches as you like. I love eating them for lunch, but they’d also be perfect for a quick dinner, maybe with a side of tomato soup. Yum!
Open Faced Chicken Parmesan SandwichesPrint Recipe
- 8 slices french bread
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place the slices of french bread on a baking sheet. Stir together the butter, garlic powder, oregano, and basil, and brush evenly over all eight slices of bread. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the bread from the oven and preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mix together the rotisserie chicken and marinara sauce. Divide the chicken evenly between the four slices of bread. Top each slice with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Broil 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned.