This savory made from scratch antipasto pizza is loaded with delicious flavors!
If there’s one thing my family will always eat happily for dinner, it’s pizza! Whether it’s delivery or homemade, it’s always a favorite at my house. When my husband had a more regular work schedule, we used to have pizza night every Friday, and I had totally perfected my homemade pizza crust and pizza sauce recipes so that I could basically make them in my sleep. These days, with his erratic work schedule changing every week, and a new baby in the house, I have definitely gotten out of the habit of making homemade pizza regularly. It’s a total shame, though, because it’s both delicious and easy to make!
I always love trying out different flavor combinations for pizza, and this antipasto pizza has so many different and delicious flavors that complement each other! It’s easy to customize depending on what you have on hand, but I really love the combination of salami, pepperoni, black olives, and artichoke hearts. Add two different cheeses and a chewy and crisp homemade crust, and it’s totally irresistible!
My favorite way to assemble pizzas is to spread out the dough on a sheet of parchment paper sprinkled with cornmeal. Add the sauce, cheese, and toppings, then transfer the whole thing to the oven using a pizza peel or a large cutting board. I always bake my pizzas on a pizza stone, but if you don’t have one you could easily use an overturned cookie sheet instead. Be sure to preheat the oven with the pizza stone (or cookie sheet) inside so it will be hot when the pizza dough is placed on top of it. This will help the dough to get extra crispy while it’s cooking and it makes for a nicer crust. If you haven’t made homemade pizza from scratch before, this recipe is a great way to start. This pizza is fantastic!
Antipasto PizzaPrint Recipe
for the crust:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
for the toppings:
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce I like to use this recipe
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- 3 ounces salami chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 3/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 500 with a baking stone or overturned cookie sheet inside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, yeast, and sugar. Let sit five minutes, or until bubbly. Add the flour and salt, and mix until a dough forms. Knead gently, adding more flour as needed, to form a soft dough. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- Spread the dough out on a piece of parchment paper or a pizza peel to form a large circle. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a one inch margin around the edges. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, then spread the pepperoni, salami, black olives, and artichoke hearts evenly. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the top. Carefully transfer the pizza to the preheated baking stone or cookie sheet using a pizza peel or large cutting board. Bake 8-9 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.