This tasty and flavorful sheet pan steak and potatoes meal is simple and easy to make, and so hearty and delicious!
Why yes, it’s another easy and delicious meal idea, just for you! This simple sheet pan steak and potatoes is a favorite at my house, and I love that it requires so little effort. Sheet pan meals are one of my go-to’s when I’m exhausted (which is kind of always, but especially right now with a two year old and a baby due in a few months). I love that I can just prep everything, throw it in the oven, and then have something delicious to eat in 20-30 minutes.
I realized in looking through my recipe index this weekend that although I make sheet pan meals frequently, I’ve only actually posted a few of them on the blog so far. These sheet pan fajitas are one of my kids’ favorite meals, and these cheesy broccoli potato bowls are a lifesaver when I’m low on groceries and need an easy dinner that everyone will love. But there are endless possibilities when it comes to sheet pan meals, so I’m going to make an effort to share more of our favorites here!
Steak and potatoes is a classic dinner combination, made even easier when it’s cooked on a sheet pan. I love that you can throw in a vegetable or two to make it a complete meal, with no extra effort! Depending on how well you like your steak to be cooked, you can cook it with the potatoes in the oven for the full baking time, or for less time if you prefer it to be more rare. I cooked my steak for the full 20 minutes with the potatoes, and it came out well done, but still tender and juicy and not at all dried out. For medium rare steak, I would recommend shortening the steak cook time to 10 minutes instead (you can always test it with a meat thermometer to be sure it’s cooked to your liking).
I think green beans are a delicious complement to the steak and potatoes, but you could also use Brussels sprouts, carrots, or broccoli (or any combination of the above) and they would all work well. And really, is there any vegetable that doesn’t taste better roasted with olive oil and garlic salt? Yum! If you love easy and delicious meals, this sheet pan steak and potatoes is a total winner!
Sheet Pan Steak and PotatoesPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak
- 1-2 teaspoons steak seasoning I used Kinder’s
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-5 medium Yukon gold potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 425. Rub the steak seasoning over both sides of the steak to cover it evenly. Toss the potatoes and green beans with the olive oil and spread them out in an even layer on a sheet pan. Sprinkle the vegetables with the garlic salt. Add the butter to a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted and the skillet is hot, add the steaks to the skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side, until browned. For medium-well done steak, add the steak to the sheet pan and cook 20 minutes. For medium-rare steak, put the vegetables in the oven for ten minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and add the steak. Return the pan to the oven for 10 minutes, or until the desired level of doneness.