These luscious and decadent s’mores brownies are out of this world amazing!
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but my husband’s new job is all night shifts. We’ve both done plenty of night shifts since becoming nurses, but neither of us has ever had a job that was exclusively nights. There are definitely some benefits to working night shifts – higher pay, more flexibility in his schedule, and some good friends he’s made who work the same shift. At the same time, though, it is rough having him on a different schedule than the rest of the family for half of the week. He generally schedules all his shifts together so that we can have a better work-life balance as a family, and that really helps. By the time that third shift rolls around, though, he’s usually pretty tired, so I try to send him with a treat to share to give him and his co-workers a little boost. I sent these amazing s’mores brownies to work with him last week, and they were a huge hit! They’re so rich and decadent, so ooey-gooey and super flavorful!
It’s well known that I love anything s’mores flavored, but these brownies are probably my favorite s’mores creation ever. You could obviously make them with a boxed mix instead of my homemade rich and fudgy brownie base, but the extra effort is definitely worth it.
Just a note – I think it’s much easier to cut them if you let them cool completely, then chill them in the fridge for about thirty minutes. The marshmallows end up pretty sticky, so it’s hard to cut through them when they’re warm. I chilled them and then used a pizza cutter to cut them, and it worked perfectly. Happy baking!
S’mores BrowniesPrint Recipe
for the brownies:
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 extra-large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped graham crackers
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Hershey bar chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil or parchment and set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in chocolate chips, and melt, stirring frequently. When there are no more lumps, remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Fold in cocoa powder, salt, and flour, and mix until barely combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted one inch from the side of the pan comes out clean. Remove from oven and sprinkle with marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate chips, and Hershey’s pieces. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are browned and the chocolate is melty. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.