These tender and flavorful cheddar zucchini biscuits are so delicious, and quick and easy to make!
Does your family love zucchini as much as mine does? I would say it’s right up there with broccoli as one of our favorite vegetables. My kids actually used to turn their noses up at zucchini, but when we started growing zucchini in our garden, they became totally hooked on it. Now that it’s zucchini season, they love looking outside every day at our blossoming plants, and watching our zucchini grow. We’ve already had around a dozen ripe zucchini this year, and we have several more in various stages of development. Usually we just sauté them with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, but I’ve been trying out some new zucchini recipes lately that I’m excited to share with you. First up: these delicious and cheesy cheddar zucchini biscuits!
I’m always a fan of biscuits, but during this pregnancy I haven’t been able to get enough of them. They’re quick and easy to make, and perfect for those nights when I need some homemade bread but don’t have the energy to spend all afternoon baking. I thought it would be fun to throw some zucchini into one of my favorite biscuit recipes, and it was a great idea! They came out so tender and flavorful, and even though the zucchini flavor is pretty subtle, I think it adds a lot to the texture and makes them even more delicious. These drop biscuits are so quick to make, and I love that I can have a batch in the oven in less than fifteen minutes.
These cheddar zucchini biscuits actually freeze really well, so I have been making a double batch and then freezing half of them for another day. To reheat them, I put them on a baking sheet in a cold oven, turn the oven on to 350, and bake them 15-20 minutes, until they’re warmed through. They taste just as delicious as fresh biscuits!
Cheddar Zucchini BiscuitsPrint Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter divided
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 small zucchini grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Grate 6 tablespoons of butter into the dry ingredients, add 1 cup of the cheese and the zucchini, and toss to combine. Pour in the buttermilk and mix until just combined. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop large spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top of the biscuits. Bake 14-16 minutes, or until lightly browned. While the biscuits are baking, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and parsley. Brush the butter mixture over the biscuits. Serve warm and enjoy!