Andes Creme de Menthe Cream Cheese Cookies
These Andes Creme de Menthe cream cheese cookies are so soft and delicious, with the perfect little hint of chocolate mint flavor.
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I spent most of Christmas day feeling sick, but still managed to squeeze in some wonderful time with my family. My girls were spoiled (as usual) by their aunts, uncles, and grandparents, and got so many fun gifts! Geoff got a table saw from my parents (to his everlasting delight) and I got a gift certificate for a new pair of glasses, which I desperately need! I think the best part of all, though, was having my whole family together. We’ve had some ups and downs in the past few years, and it was so nice that everyone could come together to celebrate and enjoy each others’ company. I feel so blessed to have so many good things in my life this Christmas… two gorgeous little girls, a loving husband, a wonderful and supportive extended family, and a new job that I love! And I’m grateful for the opportunity to share a little bit of my life (and a lot of my food!) with all of you readers. I love each and every comment, and I’m so glad you come around here and check out my corner of the blogging world!
I have a totally delicious cookie to share with you today! These Andes Creme de Menthe Cream Cheese cookies are the perfect Christmas cookies. Last week I realized that it was the night before Abby’s Christmas party at school, and I didn’t have a gift for her teacher. I had pinned these cookies a long time ago, and it seemed like the perfect time to make them. I love Andes creme de menthe chips, and the cookie dough is creamy and moist because of the cream cheese. Judging from the super nice thank you note Abby’s teacher sent home, I think the cookies were a hit!
Andes Creme de Menthe Cream Cheese CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup cream cheese soft
- 1/2 cup butter soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 package Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together. Gradually beat in sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and salt. Whisk together baking powder and flour in a small bowl and add to cream cheese mixture. Stir in 1/2 of the bag of Andes creme de menthe baking chips. Let chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. The cookies will spread quite a bit when they cook. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes, until bottom edges barely turns brown. Remove cookies and let cool.
- In a small bowl, microwave the remaining creme de menthe chips until melted. Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies and let cool.