Dark Chocolate M&M Cookies
These dark chocolate M&M cookies are packed with chocolate flavor, and so rich and decadent! They’re easy to make and totally delicious!
When it comes to chocolate, more is always better, right? These dark chocolate M&M cookies have it in spades! To make these beauties, I started with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, then amped up the chocolate flavor even more by mixing cocoa powder into the dough, and adding decadent Guittard chocolate chips and M&M candies. These cookies are so decadent, and totally irresistible for any chocolate lover!
These cookies are so quick and easy to make (I can make a batch start to finish in about 30 minutes!) and they taste amazing. They’re the perfect solution for whenever that chocolate craving strikes! I added Halloween M&M’s to make a festive Halloween treat, but you could obviously substitute different colors of M&M’s for different holidays and occasions.
I love that these cookies are so rich and fudgy, and the texture is absolutely perfect. I think they’re best warm from the oven with a cold glass of milk to balance out the richness. They will keep for several days in an airtight container, though, so they are perfect for making the night before an event or a holiday to save time the next day. They are so good!
If you love chocolate as much as I do, these cookies are a must make!
Dark Chocolate M&M CookiesPrint Recipe
- 12 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M candies
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, and mix until combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix to form a soft dough. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet using a large cookie scoop. Bake 12-13 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges but still just slightly underbaked. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.