Jumbo Valentine M&M Cookies
These jumbo valentine M&M cookies are so gooey, luscious, and absolutely delicious! They’re a colorful and fun way to celebrate the holiday!
I’m so excited to start posting some new Valentine recipes this year! I love Valentine’s Day (probably TOO much), and it’s the only thing that gets me through these yucky gray winter months. Our family views it as more of a family celebration than a romantic holiday, and we always have a nice dinner together (usually my husband’s fabulous eggs Benedict – yum!) and give each other cards that say what we love about each other. My husband brings home flowers to decorate the table, and we always have some kind of chocolatey dessert, and as holidays go, it’s just about perfect! I haven’t figured out this year’s Valentine’s Day dessert yet, but these ridiculously delicious jumbo Valentine M&M cookies might just edge out the competition!
These valentine cookies are a slight variation on the jumbo chocolate chip cookies I posted last year, and they are just so good! They’re huge (like, 5 inches across!) and probably too much cookie for just one person, but they’re so delicious that you won’t be able to stop eating them. The insides of the cookies are so luscious and gooey, and loaded with chocolate, and the outside are just slightly crisp. They are absolutely perfect!
I usually make these with regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, and they are fantastic. This time around I just happened to have a bag of Guittard semi-sweet maxi baking chips on hand (thanks Mom for bringing them to me all the way from Salt Lake!) and thought they would be extra fun to use for these giant cookies. I can’t say I’m mad about the extra chocolate in each bite. 🙂 The bigger chips just melt into lovely chocolate puddles and make these cookies even more indulgent. So delicious!
I think these cookies are best when they’re still warm from the oven and so soft and gooey, but they will keep for several days. If you want that fresh-from-the-oven feeling all over again, you can microwave them for 20-30 seconds, and they’ll taste just as warm and gooey and delicious. And if you like your dessert even more over the top, you can add a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top. That’s my husband’s favorite way to enjoy these cookies!
If you’re looking for a delicious and fun dessert to brighten up those chilly winter days, these jumbo Valentine M&M cookies are it!
Jumbo Valentine M&M CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus additional chocolate chips for topping
- 1 cup valentine M&M candies
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and sugar, and mix until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then mix in the vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M candies.
- Divide the dough into eight equal pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Place four balls of dough on each baking sheet, and flatten slightly with your hand. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips and M&M’s on top of each cookie, and press them down gently into the dough. Bake 12-14 minutes, until golden brown around the bottom but still gooey in the center. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.